A pleasant atmosphere for spaces and customers
With the introduction of the SAP Sales Cloud, Zehnder is paving the way for modern customer management that matches the innovative strength of the industry leader.Read success story
Introduction of SAP Sales Cloud at Zehnder Group
A global platform for modern customer management
They ensure a good indoor climate in hotels, apartments, office buildings and schools: The radiators, air conditioning and ventilation systems from Zehnder Group AG. A company with over 100 years of history – and one that has always reacted to market developments early with an innovative spirit regarding both materials and technology. The company is constantly working not only on new products, but also on its customer relationships. By introducing the SAP Sales Cloud, Zehnder is now paving the way towards modern, efficient customer management befitting its pos tion as an innovative industry leader.
The existing system architecture was only able to meet current market demands to a limited degree. The expectations of the company's customers and partners regarding digital solutions have risen dramatically over the past few years. At the same time, Zehnder Group did not have a uniform system landscape for its sales area. The company has experienced strong growth over the past decades. Zehnder Group develops and manufactures its products in its 16 plants, while sales are conducted in over 70 countries and the business segments have expanded. Company-wide transparency across all global customer interactions was no longer possible.
To maintain an overview of customers, contact partners and offers as well as price approvals in its increasingly globally oriented sales structure, it was necessary to create a uniform worldwide database built on a modern platform. An important step on the road to improved customer experience was thus the introduction of a global customer management system based on standards and harmonised processes in the sales division.
- Replacing the old system: The introduction of SAP Sales Cloud for approximately 600 users first involved centrally bundling all relevant customer information to guarantee transparency and control across the entire sales process.
- Customer-specific developments, such as the implementation of complex customer classification.
- Integration of the Zehnder website into the SAP Sales Cloud for the showroom finder: end customers search the website for dealer or installer showrooms where specific Zehnder products are on display.
- Integration of the construction object add-on: The construction object add-on solution from Sybit allows recording of all information regarding construction objects that is important for processing by the Key Account Management. Particularly for sales in the building industry, this is a decisive factor. You can track the construction object or building across its whole lifecycle, allowing you to always see the current project status and the respective contact partners.
- ERP integration: Deep integration of the Sales Cloud into the SAP ERP system for exchanging customer master data. Offers and the ERP document flow are thus displayed in the Sales Cloud.
- Customer-specific interfaces, such as into the offer configuration tool to pass on the opportunity and display the offer printout.
- One face to the customer: international, cross-division sales process
- Mobile system access
- Sales support in multiple sales channels
- Enabling of key account management
- Improved sales funnel monitoring and sales forecasting
- Improved collaboration and integration between sales and marketing
- Improvement in daily sales and service business resulting in acceptance of the new CRM by the sales and service team
- 360° view of the customer: improved tracking from marketing to sales through the dealer or installer
- The agile Sybit project method provides Zehnder with full transparency and quickly visible results
Zehnder will also be relying on Sybit as a partner with solutions from the SAP C/4 HANA Suite for its service and e-commerce business in the future. Parallel to SAP Sales Cloud, the company launched an introductory project for a B2B web shop on the basis of SAP Commerce Cloud. The company also plans to introduce SAP Field Service Management in its facilities in Switzerland and Germany.
Zehnder Group AG
Founded in 1895, the Zehnder Group has its headquarters in Gränichen (CH) and employs approximately 3,500 people around the world. The company’s business areas include radiators, ventilation systems, ceiling panels and air purification, and it has experienced strong growth over the past decades. The Zehnder Group develops and manufactures its products in its 16 plants, including five in China and the United States. Sales are conducted in over 70 countries through its own local sales companies and representatives.
Headquarters: Gränichen (CH)
Business: Building services engineering
Solutions: SAP Sales Cloud, Sybit add-on for construction objects, SAP Commerce Cloud, SAP FSM
What can we do for you?
Do you have any questions about our services or do you wish to arrange a consultation? We shall be pleased to assist you and look forward to meeting you. Simply get in touch with us.
Marilena Baartz, Business DevelopmentContact now