Seven million pieces of data transferred into the cloud
The TRUMPF Group is transferring around seven million pieces of data to the cloud. At the end of the project, all users worldwide will be working with one system. Read more in our case study.Read succes story
SAP Sales Cloud-Implementation
TRUMPF optimizes global sales and marketing processes with SAP
As a market and technology leader in the area of machine tools and laser technology for industrial production, the TRUMPF Group is active in virtually every sector with its innovations. Its software solutions are helping to smooth the way towards the Smart Factory, and the group facilitates high-tech processes in industrial electronics around the world. The long-established company sees its core remit in developing production technology further, making it cost-effective, accurate, future-proof, and networked. This includes transparent and efficient customer service. The company’s legacy CRM system no longer guaranteed the latter adequately. Consequently, TRUMPF’s IT and sales department decided to implement SAP Sales Cloud in collaboration with the consulting and implementation partner Sybit. The implementation of the solution has significantly improved the marketing and sales processes at the parent company and the subsidiaries, thus driving forward the third pillar of the TRUMPF Industry 4.0 Digitization Strategy: digital networking in the company’s own value chain.
"The data migration was a real challenge - with Sybit on our side, we managed it well. In principle, companies should think about a minimum viable product approach when introducing a new CRM system, if the situation allows it."
Peter Schulz, IT-Projectmanager CRM, TRUMPF Group
The legacy CRM system had been in use for 20 years. In the meantime, it was no longer up to the technological requirements of a CRM system and could not map the marketing and sales processes satisfactorily. At the same time, it had a total of seven million data records with around 425,000 contacts, 170,000 companies, 600,000 activities, 350,000 documents, 180,000 offers and much more - valuable information that had to be preserved and transferred to the new system in order to make it available to a large number of users at the end of the project.
- Seamless implementation of a total of ten interfaces, including SAP ERP, Outlook, service system and quotation configurator
- Ensure real-time data availability at headquarters and subsidiaries so that sales managers can also coordinate efficiently at short notice based on the same data
- Mobile availability on laptop, tablet, smartphone for field service to provide constant access to current customer data, opportunities, offers and activities
- Guarantee of country-specific security guidelines, among other things with regard to data security through suitable location of the SAP cloud servers in Germany
- Simple data maintenance and a holistic view of customer-related data
- Ensure consistent database for the intensive exchange of technical know-how between parent company and subsidiaries
- Elimination of parallel data maintenance in different systems through efficient data maintenance in a single system with automatic synchronization.
- Improved lead and opportunity management for efficient follow-up and development of trade fair leads and sales opportunities.
- Ensure a high level of user acceptance through intuitive operating procedures for the new system, among other things.
- Holistic view of the TRUMPF products in use at all times
In order to define the requirements for a new system, the project began with an analysis of the CRM solution that had been in use up to that point - involving several subsidiaries. This revealed that campaign, lead and opportunity management as well as order processing were only insufficiently mapped and thus limited efficiency. The TARGET process was developed in further workshops with employees from the IT, marketing and sales departments, from the inside sales team to the field sales force and the sales manager. The replacement of the legacy CRM system - and thus the standardization of customer data - was to be carried out through a step-by-step introduction of SAP Hybris Sales Cloud at the headquarters as well as the subsidiaries within 24 months. The data migration was divided into an initial migration and regular delta migrations for the newly added data. Within the CRM system, a clear mapping of the registered products as well as all e-mails, appointments, companies, contact persons and the linked opportunities was ensured. Intensive coaching by project partner Sybit and internal change management campaigns ensured high user acceptance and smooth processes.
- Data migration of more than 7 million data
- Planned: International roll-out with a large number of users
- Uniform use of data in real time: Realization of ten interfaces and clear mapping of information in CRM
Challenges Change Management
The old system was to be replaced after 20 years of intensive use. In order to get users excited about the new solution, great importance was attached to usability. In addition, the department trained key users and supported the process with an internal communications campaign: webinars and exercises were transmitted via online stream, information was provided via the intranet, FAQs and training documents were made available, and reports were published in the company magazine. This paid off: Today, the first employees in the pilot countries Switzerland and Taiwan use the SAP Hybris Sales Cloud on a daily basis.
“My strategic recommendation for such a project: get on with it, complete it speedily, and find the right partner – preferably someone like Sybit. We found them very receptive to our suggestions. This allowed a solution-oriented exchange to develop that advanced the project significantly.”
Magdalena Blisch, Head of CRM Department, TRUMPF Group
The high-tech company TRUMPF offers manufacturing solutions in the fields of machine tools, laser technology and electronics. The Group is driving the digital networking of the manufacturing industry through consulting, platform and software offerings. TRUMPF is the technology and market leader in machine tools for flexible sheet metal processing and in industrial lasers.
What can we do for you?
Do you have any questions about our services or do you wish to arrange a consultation? We shall be pleased to assist you and look forward to meeting you. Simply get in touch with us.
Marilena Baartz, Business DevelopmentContact now