As a market and technology leader in the area of machine tools and laser technology for industrial production, the TRUMPF Group is active in virtually every sector with its innovations. Its software solutions are helping to smooth the way towards the Smart Factory, and the group facilitates high-tech processes in industrial electronics around the world. The long-established company sees its core remit in developing production technology further, making it cost-effective, accurate, future-proof, and networked. This includes transparent and efficient customer service. The company’s legacy CRM system no longer guaranteed the latter adequately. Consequently, TRUMPF’s IT and sales department decided to implement SAP Sales Cloud in collaboration with the consulting and implementation partner Sybit. The implementation of the solution has significantly improved the marketing and sales processes at the parent company and the subsidiaries, thus driving forward the third pillar of the TRUMPF Industry 4.0 Digitization Strategy: digital networking in the company’s own value chain.
- Ensure consistent database for the intensive exchange of technical know-how between parent company and subsidiaries
- Elimination of parallel data maintenance in different systems through efficient data maintenance in a single system with automatic synchronization.
- Improved lead and opportunity management for efficient follow-up and development of trade fair leads and sales opportunities.
- Ensure a high level of user acceptance through intuitive operating procedures for the new system, among other things.
- Holistic view of the TRUMPF products in use at all times
“My strategic recommendation for such a project: get on with it, complete it speedily, and find the right partner – preferably someone like Sybit. We found them very receptive to our suggestions. This allowed a solution-oriented exchange to develop that advanced the project significantly.”
Magdalena Blisch, Head of CRM Department, TRUMPF Group