Needles, dressings, catheter systems, surgical instruments or devices and accessories for dialysis – B. Braun’s portfolio comprises over 5,000 products, 120,000 saleable items plus the associated information. To be able to sell the products and services around the world, the company needed a powerful, high-performance system that can structure enormously large data volumes, offers multi-faceted search functions and facilitates efficient system maintenance functions across national borders. Sybit implemented a sophisticated product information management system (PIM) based on SAP Hybris Commerce. The solution has already been introduced in 50 of B. Braun’s country organizations, helping to significantly speed up processes in Sales and Marketing.
With the aim of being able to inform and supply customers, patients and authorities worldwide more quickly, all product-related details such as material numbers, dimensions, package inserts, flyers, images and videos were to be structured in a single system. To ensure that the new system would be future-proof, B. Braun decided to implement the SAP Hybris Commerce solution with Sybit.
- Outstanding performance and reliability of the PIM when dealing with very large data volumes
- Structuring of an enormously comprehensive variety of products
- Bundling of all product-related data requiring minimal maintenance
- Consideration of different language-related and legal conditions
- Content maintenance by global and local marketing departments
- Product-related data from ERP, DMS, and Media Manager are managed in the PIM and complemented by additional data
- Via the PIM, this data flows to websites, online shops, apps, print and online catalogs
- The global marketing departments make available all information to the staff in the country organizations in the PIM
- The country organizations adapt the information to the country-specific needs of customers, patients, and authorities and maintain the modified data locally in the PIM
- Product Center 5.0 within the PIM supplies all the product data adapted to match the country-specific regulations
- Every text is available in the PIM in 60 different languages
- Integration of the existing online shops with the PIM
- Rollout to the remaining B. Braun country organizations and business units
- Use of barcode scanners (UDI) to display products directly in Product Center 5.0
With a workforce of some 56,000 in 64 countries, B. Braun is one of the leading manufacturers of medical technology and pharmaceutical products and services worldwide. It is active in 18 fields of therapy and indication. B. Braun is a system provider that develops effective solutions and pioneering standards in healthcare in constructive interaction with partners and users. The family-run company thus makes a valuable contribution to progress in the area of medical technology, helping to improve people’s health all around the world. In 2015, B. Braun generated sales of 6.1 billion euros.
“For companies operating globally, such as B. Braun, PIM is the key to remaining competitive in the market.
Our collaboration with Sybit during the system implementation was trusting and constructive,
and we were consequently able to successfully implement the SAP Hybris project together.”
Christian Broel, Head of Product Information Management at B. Braun
More about SAP Commerce Cloud