Daimler FleetBoard controls fleet management using SAP CRM
Implementation of SAP CRM in Europe and Brazil
Daimler FleetBoard offers its customers modular, internet-based telematics services for efficient and customized vehicle and fleet management. With the launch of the new Actros flagship model in the Mercedes-Benz Trucks product range, which includes the telematics solutions as standard, global distribution channels also grew. It therefore became necessary to design the processes related to order processing, product configuration, and technical commissioning consistently and transparently. Sybit implemented SAP CRM in the distribution channels in Europe and Brazil. The company now manages the entire order processing and activation of services in the vehicles centrally using the SAP CRM system.
The original order processing system, which was located centrally at the company's headquarters in Stuttgart, Germany, could not be accessed by the sales force in Europe and Brazil. Many of the processes operated manually: contracts were sent by post and entered in the system manually by employees. To simplify the processes and provide a clear overview for the employees, both in the office and in the field, the aim was to set up a central database that connects sales and engineering together, provides clear information on all booked modules, and controls the activation of services.
- The dealers now enter quotations locally in the SAP CRM system and processing is managed centrally from there.
- Sybit installed an SAP ERP system with a direct link to SAP CRM.
- The booked telematics services are configured in SAP ERP.
- The booked services in the vehicles are activated directly via SAP CRM.
- The monthly invoices are created based on the information from SAP CRM.
- Increased transparency thanks to central data hosting in the SAP CRM system
- Efficient flow of information between dealers and headquarters
- Automated billing of booked modules in compliance with the contract
“The project has really paid off. The processes in sales and distribution and order processing have been completely standardized and the quality of order processing has increased considerably as a result.”
Daniel Giangrande, Telematics Development Manager for Service and Uptime at Daimler FleetBoard GmbH
- Extremely fast global integration of dealers
- Precise billing of customer-specific services
- Automated data exchange between SAP ERP, SAP CRM, and vehicles simplifies the processes related to sales and distribution, order processing, and billing
Daimler FleetBoard GmbH
Daimler FleetBoard GmbH was established in 2003 as a 100 percent subsidiary of Daimler AG and benefits from Daimler’s many years of extensive experience in the truck industry and their information technology know-how. Since the market introduction of the FleetBoard services in the year 2000, the DEKRA-certified company has equipped more than 160,000 trucks for more than 5,000 transport companies. FleetBoard’s Head Office is located in Stuttgart (Germany).
What can we do for you?
Do you have any questions about our services or do you wish to arrange a consultation? We shall be pleased to assist you and look forward to meeting you. Simply get in touch with us.
Marilena Baartz, Business DevelopmentContact now