More independent and confident than ever – this characterises today’s customers. They research online, exchanging information in communities and social networks. The result: on average, a customer has already completed 57 percent of their purchasing process by the time they first contact a sales representative (Roland Berger study: “The digital future of B2B sales”). The knowledge customers gain in advance is enormous. How can companies keep up in this situation? The long-established company EMUGE-FRANKEN, based in the Bavarian town of Lauf, shows how this can be done. The company was founded 100 years ago and is now an internationally active manufacturer of threading, testing, clamping and milling technology. Together with Sybit, it has seized the opportunity presented by digitalisation and created a modern customer portal.
“Customer behaviour has changed drastically in the past few years”, says Klaus Höllerer, IT Director at EMUGEFRANKEN. The best product alone is no longer decisive today – a perfect customer experience is also crucial. EMUGE-FRANKEN is known for outstanding quality in the field of threading, testing, clamping and milling technology. In addition to their standard product line of over 40,000 items, they also develop special custom tools according to customer specifications. It is therefore critical for EMUGE-FRANKEN to offer customers good support and ensure round-the-clock access to all relevant information –
both for the customers themselves via the Emuge homepage as well as for sales in the system.
“By introducing the SAP Sales Cloud, we have successfully managed to concentrate information relating to multiple product groups on a single platform”, Klaus Höllerer explains. This grants every member of the sales team access to current information on the customer, including their activities, their industry or the size of the company. In the SAP Sales Cloud, sales staff gain insight into projects, deadlines or follow-
up activities – and, of course, into offers and results as well. “This data gives us a 360-degree view of our customers, allowing us to present them with our products in a tailored manner”, Höllerer says.
- Company-wide customer centricity and process harmonisation in sales
- Simple access to all relevant real-time customer information for sales employees in both the internal and field sales teams
- Tapping of new customer segments
- Future-oriented platform for further CX projects
- Replacement of the internally developed website
- Integration of website and online shop
- Customer-specific product filtering (special filters)
- Separate shopping carts according to sales organisation
- Search through website contents and products
- One face to the customer (online shop and website) including UX with user-friendly design
- Integration of Commerce Cloud into SAP-ERP
- Validation and transfer of online shop orders
- Linking of lead, opportunity and offer
- Direct offer generation from the opportunity
- No duplicate data storage
- Consistent master data monitoring by central team possible (relevant for ISO certification)
- 1:1 representation of product data
- Global rollout of online shop and website
- Export of product data
- Connection of the online shop to the SAP Sales Cloud
- Product configuration for expert search
“Sybit has always consistently pursued our goals and addressed our concerns. We were able to profit from Sybit’s comprehensive know-how in the SAP CX environment, especially with regard to licenses, so we can only recommend taking the path of handing licenses and projects over to a partner like Sybit.”
Klaus Höllerer, CIO, EMUGE-Werk Richard Glimpel GmbH & Co. KG
The corporate group of EMUGE-Werk Richard Glimpel GmbH & Co. KG and Franken-Präzisionswerkzeuge GmbH & Co. KG in Lauf and Rückersdorf has been operating successfully in the field of threading, testing, clamping and milling technology for over 100 years. EMUGE was founded in 1920 as a small business in Lauf (Bavaria) by later Diesel-Medalwinner Richard Glimpel, the inventor of the cutting machine tap. EMUGE-FRANKEN is represented in over 50 countries around the world.
Headquarters: Lauf an der Pegnitz (Bavaria)
Solutions: SAP Sales Cloud, SAP Commerce Cloud, SAP JAM