Excavators, rammers, wheel loaders – the supplier of compact construction machines, construction equipment and services Wacker Neuson offers its customers a wide range of individually configurable products and spare parts. To improve service, information, and availability for its customers, the company decided to implement SAP Hybris Omnichannel Commerce. In collaboration with the consulting firm Sybit, Wacker Neuson set up an e-store in the UK during the first project phase, subsequently developing it successively into a distributor and service portal. This was followed by the implementation in Germany, with preparations ongoing for rollout to other markets. Now, both distributors and industrial end customers benefit from one central platform with an efficient 24/7 quotation and order process.
Before the implementation of SAP Hybris Commerce, orders were processed using the Wacker Neuson extranet. In the course of the digital transformation, new requirements as well as new opportunities for growth arose; consequently, a central platform was to be created that would benefit both customers and distributors.
- Enhancing the customer experience to strengthen the market presence
- Multi-channel capability: establishing an additional online sales channel
- Simplification of service processes
- Lead process: distributors receive inquiries directly from the e-store
- Continuous quotation and order process
- Overview of material master data, technical attributes, and spare parts
- Machine configuration by the customer
- Well-structured and efficient 24/7 order process
- Handling of credit card payments
- Complete service handling: product registration, warranty claims, machine details
- Integration of spare parts catalog
- Seamless integration with SAP CRM (order processing) and SAP ERP (master data)
- Integration of the online product configurator based on SAP IPC
- Links to payment providers for credit card payments
The Wacker Neuson Group is an international family of companies and a leading manufacturer of light and compact equipment with over 50 affiliates and 140 sales and service stations. The Group offers its customers a broad portfolio of products, a wide range of services and an efficient spare parts service. The product brands Wacker Neuson, Kramer and Weidemann belong to the Wacker Neuson Group. Wacker Neuson is the partner of choice among professional users in construction, gardening, landscaping and agriculture, as well as among municipal bodies and companies in industries such as recycling, energy and rail transport.
“We wanted a portal that would offer our customers and distributors absolutely everything that they need for an efficient quotation, order, and service process – Sybit accepted that challenge with us and mastered it perfectly.”
Harald Meier, Head of eBusiness, Wacker Neuson Group