SAP Hybris Cloud for Sales Implementation at SMLP
Improving Internal Collaboration with SAP Hybris Cloud for Sales
Aircraft are the epitome of streamlined architecture. But to get them into the air, everything has to go right. At Frankfort Airport, Germany’s largest aviation hub, one reason aircraft take off every minute like clockwork is Salzgitter Mannesmann Line Pipe GmbH. Its 60-kilometer “made in Germany” pipeline transports kerosene to over 200 taps to get those planes prepped for takeoff.
The company wanted internal processes to flow as smoothly as the aircraft – starting with quotations. With help from Sybit GmbH, Salzgitter Mannesmann Line Pipe introduced the SAP Hybris Cloud for Sales solution to achieve this goal. The solution provides customer data and specifications at a mouse click. It facilitates work between sales, technical consulting, and production planning teams and allows unresolved questions in tender processes to be clarified swiftly. Inquiries are attributed clearly to different projects to boost efficiency and close information gaps.
- Replace existing project database
- Optimize interdepartmental flow of information
- Consolidate heterogeneous data sources
- Accelerate creation of quotations
Why SAP Hybris solutions?
- Simple integration of the SAP® Hybris® Cloud for Sales solution with the SAP ERP application
- Intuitive design
- High solution availability and predictable overall costs
- Data hosting in Germany
- Established seamless interaction between sales, technical consulting, and production planning with centralized opportunity management
- Improved quality of information with help from Sybit GmbH
- Provided access to customer and order data anywhere and anytime
- Introduced accurate planning based on comprehensive data
- Provided support to attribute various inquiries to a project
- Simplified customer categorization with transparent inquiry history
Accelerate workflows with SAP Jam Collaboration by integrating input material and freight purchasing processes
“SAP Hybris Cloud for Sales helps our sales, technical consulting, and production planning teams work together far more efficiently to produce quotations, so we can respond to inquiries directly. In our fiercely competitive market, that is an immensely important advantage.”
Johannes Runge, CIO, Salzgitter Mannesmann Line Pipe GmbH
Salzgitter Mannesmann Line Pipe GmbH
As a specialist for HFI-welded steel pipes, Salzgitter Mannesmann Line Pipe GmbH is active worldwide and a technological leader. At its locations in Siegen and Hamm, the company has been manufacturing pipes for gas and oil pipelines, drinking water and waste water line pipes, pipes for mechanical and plant engineering, as well as oil field pipes, district heating pipes and structural pipes for more than 100 years. Embedded in the Energy Business Unit of Salzgitter AG, Salzgitter Mannesmann Line Pipe stands on the one hand for flexibility in meeting special customer requirements and exceptional service, and on the other hand for reliable partnership - now and in the future.
What can we do for you?
Do you have any questions about our services or do you wish to arrange a consultation? We shall be pleased to assist you and look forward to meeting you. Simply get in touch with us.
Marilena Baartz, Business DevelopmentContact now