"A picture-perfect Sales Cloud project"
RAFI sets up SAP Sales Cloud. Digitization is going like a picture book at RAFI: Strategic growth. Realignment of sales. Synchronization of activities. Efficiency gains in customer management.Read success story
RAFI relies on customer experience with SAP
Straightforward, effective optimisation of customer management
RAFI has been a pioneer in human-machine communication for over 100 years. The medium-sized company develops, engineers, produces and markets solutions for human-machine communication in almost all the world's major industrial centres. Sales operations at RAFI range from traditional standard component sales all the way to tailor-made complete solutions. Numerous factors inspired RAFI’s decision to use SAP Sales Cloud going forward: strategic growth, the realignment of sales and synchronisation of sales activities, increased efficiency in customer management and a stronger focus on leads processing. With Sybit as a partner, this plan grew into a textbook example of a digitalisation project.
RAFI previously used a system for CRM that was no longer able to meet the requirements of the innovative, constantly growing company. It could not be used across the corporate group, was not integrated into the ERP system and was only available in German. A multitude of adaptations had also made it so inflexible that rollouts in new locations entailed high costs. This meant that there was no consistent end-to-end process from marketing to sales – an unsatisfactory solution for a company that puts customers first. With this in mind, RAFI set its sights resolutely on the future. Its increasing size made the need for a consistent global image and market activity all the more urgent. A major driver was the desire for corporate-wide communications and corresponding reporting to create as much transparency as possible. A 360° view of the customer – right across the globe – was the motivation for introducing the SAP Sales Cloud. RAFI can thus achieve all of this directly without the need for cumbersome adjustments: transparent and standardised data usage, forecasting, KPI analyses and measurements.
- 6-month project duration
- June 2020: Sales Cloud go-live at the headquarters in Berg, including lead-to-opportunity functions
- No development necessary, all processes covered in the standard system
- 360° customer view, full transparency of market data for sales and marketing
- Successful connection to telephone system despite technical issues, Outlook connection, data migration from old system and data cleansing
- Integration of all divisions: Components (standard and catalogue business), systems, EMS
- Start with 80 users, successive integration of further locations in Germany and internationally
Results and highlights
- Numerous concrete improvements: Replacement of individual solutions, Excel and third-party tools; optimisation of sales processes; creation of more efficient working conditions.
- Big advantages, especially in the lead and opportunity process: Uniform, effective processing and further development of leads across all business areas, significantly improved focus on sales opportunities.
- Ideal team setting: A team with decision-making authority from marketing, sales and IT at RAFI ensures very quick and error-free implementation in the project; an in-house support team for employees familiarizes itself with the system and holds internal training sessions for the users, rapidly generating a high level of acceptance.
- Agile Sybit methodology as the decisive success factor: Although the project is conducted almost entirely remotely, the agile approach ensures an extremely high level of transparency; thanks to very frequent communication and an RAFI employee integrated into the Sybit team, both sides grow together very quickly.
- Focus on what's important: By concentrating fully on features that bring noticeable benefits in a short amount of time, the team can work without deviating much from the standard system to quickly and seamlessly conduct and implement the project – within budget and on time
"The collaboration between RAFI and Sybit was really extraordinary. Both sides were highly motivated and very quickly grew into a cohesive team. This ultimately led to a very quick, straightforward introduction of the CRM system, the SAP Sales Cloud, which has been fully accepted by our employees."
Tatjana Schweitzer, Head of Marketing bei RAFI
With the SAP Sales Cloud, RAFI is focussing even more strongly on its customers. After the initial project in Berg (Ravensburg district), rollouts for the national and international subsidiaries are now on the agenda. But this will not be the end of the story. For the future, the company is aiming for a sensational customer experience with extra features. Additional SAP customer experience solutions are already being discussed. The planning for further joint projects with Sybit is in full swing. This is concentrating on optimisation of lead nurturing, lead qualification, lead automation and marketing automation.
RAFI GmbH & Co. KG
RAFI is a medium-sized enterprise that combines a down-to-earth corporate philosophy with international innovation. RAFI develops, designs, produces and markets powerful solutions for almost every step in human-machine communication – from simple keys to highly complex touch systems. They come in standard or custom solutions.
Headquarters: Berg, Ravensburg district, Germany
Industry: Human-machine communication
Solutions: SAP Sales Cloud
What can we do for you?
Do you have any questions about our services or do you wish to arrange a consultation? We shall be pleased to assist you and look forward to meeting you. Simply get in touch with us.
Marilena Baartz, Business DevelopmentContact now