Efficient B2B sales planning in the medical industry
Anyone suffering from a respiratory illness should be able to count on effective treatment. As one of the leading global manufacturers of inhalation devices, the longestablished company PARI, based in Starnberg, Bavaria, stands for quality. Since most of their products are generally
sold through sales partners, the efficient maintenance of good relationships with doctors, pharmacies and specialist shops is a decisive success factor for PARI. Accordingly, it is imperative that the sales force and back office teams be able to rely on a good sales system. This is why the company decided to introduce SAP Sales Cloud with Sybit as its project partner.
The on-premise CRM, having been in use since 2009, could no longer sufficiently map the marketing and sales processes. 'It wasn’t very intuitive, the performance wasn’t satisfactory and user acceptance was poor,' reported Annette Olbrecht, CRM GPO and project manager at PARI. This was backed up by corresponding feedback from PARI employees, especially on the issue of performance. In the service centre, for instance, it sometimes took up to two minutes to retrieve the customer account when a pharmacy called with an inquiry. The sales force did not consistently use the sales system because the application interface was not user-friendly.
'It was clear to us that we needed a new solution'. PARI decided on a hybrid scenario – the sales force in particular would use the Sales Cloud in the future, while internal sales processes would still be conducted in an optimised on-premise CRM.
'The integration was a real sticking point for the project,' reports Cornelia Hilser, SAP Global Module Owner SD/CRM at PARI. The master and transaction data had to be kept synchronous across all systems and be available for the sales force at all times both online and offline. With support from Sybit, the integration was a success – and an even quicker one than expected.
- It used to take 2 minutes to search for pharmacy and doctor addresses in CRM On-Premise
- The loading time is now under 5 seconds in the Sales Cloud
- Classification attributes were reduced from 750 to 120 and moved to their proper places within the system. All relevant information for segmentation is thus now available
- 7-month project duration
- PARI products are available in over 80 countries
- 50 users are using the Sales Cloud following the go-live in Germany, with worldwide rollouts
Why PARI decided to choose Sybit as its partner
"We were sceptical of consulting in general at first. It often promises many things that end up not being possible. The presentation from Sybit, though, seemed more authentic to us. The answers were comprehensible, and feasibility was always factored in well. This led us to put our trust in Sybit. And this trust has not let us down at any time”.
Thomas Schwarz, Sales Director DACH at PARI
“We are absolutely satisfied with Sybit as our partner in this project. The agile project method in particular proved very effective for us. Tasks were distributed in a clear manner and there was a deadline by which decisions had to be made. Our projects often used to stall due to these issues. That was not the case here”.
Cornelia Hilser, SAP Global Module Owner SD/ CRM at PARI
“Throughout the entire project, our desire was to stay as close to the standard solution as possible. Sybit provided us with excellent coaching in this area. When we were working to determine our requirements, it was also clear that our colleagues at Sybit listened very well and understood our concerns”.
Annette Olbrecht, Event & Project Manager/ GPO for CRM at PARI
Before Sybit took on the planning, the project team had been expecting a project duration of one year. In the end, it only took seven months – and these were the results:
- Standardisation and simplification of sales processes with smart, dynamic tour planning for the sales force – close to the standard solution with minimal development effort
- Performance: The SAP Sales Cloud now fulfils the performance expectations of the end users. Performance in the on-premise CRM was also significantly improved
- Integration: Bidirectional master data and activity integration with SAP on-premise CRM
- Self-explanatory, modern user interface with personalised user experience. “The initial feedback right after the training sessions was very positive,” reported Cornelia Hilser
- Mobile availability for the sales force to enable constant access to current customer data, leads, offers and activities – even offline. Through the use of tablets, sales force employees can directly record their visits and meeting contents on site in a structured manner, bridging wait times and reducing time spent working from home
- Further development of the SAP Sales Cloud for the OTC area (over-the-counter: non-prescription medications)
- Application Management Services: Workload reduction for the IT department thanks to support from Sybit
- Efficient project management: Thanks to the Sybit project method, PARI has newly revised its processes instead of directly replicating them in the new system. This quickly made it clear what users really need – and what they do not.
- Rollouts: Sales Cloud introduction in further departments in the German-speaking region and other locations worldwide
- A first step into the cloud world of the future
- Continuing support from Sybit for the AMS team
About PARI GmbH
PARI is one of the leading global manufacturers of inhalation devices for the treatment of respiratory diseases. The long-established company from Starnberg profits from the experience and competence it has gathered across over 110 years of corporate history. The company has built up a global network over the years. From North and South America through Europe and South Africa all the way to
Asia and Australia: PARI products are available in over 80 countries.
Business: Medicine/pharmaceuticals/life science
Solutions: SAP Sales Cloud, optimisation of the CRM On-Premise, Application Management Services