Bühler AG is not only a leader in the manufacture of machines and equipment for processing grains, cocoa, coffee, and other raw materials but also a solution provider of die-casting and surface-coating technologies for the automotive, optics, and printing ink industries. This diversity is reflected in the technology group’s wide product range, which is regularly extended by the addition of new innovative products. To be able to structure and correlate all product data meaningfully and to ensure seamless omnichannel experiences, Bühler decided to implement the product cube solution based on the SAP Hybris Product Content Management (PCM) in collaboration with the consulting firm Sybit.
- The product data were managed in different systems, which meant that information consistency was not guaranteed.
- Cross-references to other products would often require the use of a search function to locate.
- Optimum provision of information for all products
- Increased flexibility in adjusting to changes in business models and processes
- Holistic view of all Bühler products for different users
- Unique definition and description of all Bühler products
- Control of the entire product lifecycle from market demand analysis to the product development process to the required product rationalization at the end of the lifecycle
- Reduction in system diversity and elimination of data redundancy
- Process-focused interfaces that are ideal from a user perspective
- Transparency regarding product performance
- Step-by-step development and adaptation of the processes using agile project methodology
- Connection of customer portal (SAP Hybris)
- Connection of a DAM (Digital Asset Management) system
- Connection to SAP ERP
- Connection to the internet and further systems for a consistent omnichannel customer experience
“We are more than satisfied with our decision to turn once more to Sybit as our consulting and implementation partner. Thanks to our trusting cooperation and the flexible step-by-step implementation, the realization of our product cube project was a resounding success.”
Stephan Straub, Senior Project Manager at Bühler AG
More about SAP Commerce Cloud